Ariko Inaoka is a Japanese photographer who has been documenting two Icelandic identical twins girls, Erna and Hrefna, since they were nine years old in 2009. Her intensions for this project is to capture the very precious period of their growth from child to teenager, physically as well as psychologically.
Let’s turn the world gold in September!
CAC2’s Gold Awareness Project Committee has brainstormed over 40 ideas that can be carried out by organizations and individuals to increase awareness of gold and September as the color and month representing childhood cancer. We’d love to hear from you!
Please send pictures of your efforts to turn the world gold to Mandy Bowen (firstname.lastname@example.org); many will be shared on social media throughout the month of September—if you have questions, Mandy and the committee can also help with any questions or with implementing your ideas.
Johanna Thorvaldsdóttir’s Icelandic goat farm (Háafell) is facing foreclosure in September, resulting in the entire goat flock being butchered - unless enough funds are raised to save it!
There are less than 820 Icelandic goats in the entire world - they are an endangered species. Almost half of them will be lost if this farm is not saved. I visited Háafell 2 years ago and every goat I draw is rooted in this place. Any little bit helps :)
If anyone I know eats any of these goats, we’re not friends anymore.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
Oh for the love of —
Today is going to kill me, I swear.
Mere hours ago I said I was stepping back from the fandom. Which means I have no say over whether or not readers call each other names or claw each other’s eyes or generally do things I think are not productive or fun things for fandom to…
“the moon,” a new series of drawings from crystal liu.
Crystal Liu was the Gold Medal Award winner at Ontario College of Art and Design when she graduated with her BFA in 2003. She completed her MFA at the San Francisco Art Institute in 2005. Her photos hail from cities such as Toronto, San Francisco, Chicago and Glasgow. Landscapes float up into view with a delicate touch more akin to painting than photography. Their vastness and freedom allow viewers to surrender, re-imagine, or re-create them as personal reverie or memory. In the summer of 2005 she joined the Hosfelt Gallery in San Francisco.